Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Little Prince, Ctd

Now THAT was a good episode of Lost! As I complained about yesterday, I had some issues with "Jughead," namely the actress playing Ellie. Last night's episode, "The Little Prince," however, was fantastic. For those who haven't seen the episode yet, and want to remain spoiler-free, please skip the remainder of this post. Let's share a few thoughts in bullet-points:

*I think Kate will, eventually, end up with Jack, barring jack making the ultimate sacrifice for his friends. Her line, "I have always been with you [Jack]," and her expression when Jack stated, "Aaron is my family too," suggested to me that although she does love Sawyer (and is willing to endanger her relationship with Jack over Sawyer re: Clementine), she feels connected to Jack and always will. Perhaps she sewed a bit of herself into Jack after the crash.

*What is going on with Yunjin Kim? Is she just trying really hard to make Sun look shady, or did she forget how to act during the break? She has always been one of the finest actors on the show, so I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. For what it's worth, I think she's going after Ben with the gun, not Jack, and I think the scenes from the next episode confirm that.

*I don't get the idea that the time-hopping on the Island is because the Oceanic 6 left. I thought it was because the Frozen Donkey Wheel was turned. Not that I should be questioning the sci-fi-y rules of the Island.

*Let's stop for a second to say how freaking great Josh Holloway was in this episode. I mean, he's always been great portraying Sawyer, but the ability to emote so much with only about a third of his face lit when he was watching Kate and Claire, was incredible.

*As soon as I saw French on the side of that container in the newly-found wreckage, I thought Rousseau. I'm glad we might catch a glimpse of what happened to Rosseau's group and their "sickness" (time-travel sickness?). It never occurred to me that she would have been so young when she came to the Island. Oh, and very cool that the transmission the French guys were picking up on the radio was the ever-present 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.

*Lastly, it's been becoming clear that Charlotte (definitely) and Miles (probably) had lived on the Island previously. Not to draw too much from them both being Asian, but I'd bet that Miles is Pierre Chang's son; I mean, why bother showing us that Chang had a son? Charlotte, on the other hand, well, it wouldn't surprise me if she was Ellie and Charles Widmore's daughter.

OK, that's all for now on Lost. I'm going to go read Doc Jensen's recap over at EW, and I'll post a link to Erika's recap when she posts hers. Should they spark any other thoughts, I'll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The purpose of this blog is to have an exchange of ideas, but please, keep it clean and respectful. That's the only way we can ever learn anything. Thanks.