Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Change has Come to America

Thousands of pages have been written, and a million words have been spoken about the inauguration of President Barack Obama. As someone who has supported this man since before he declared his intention to run on that cold day in February 2007, I cannot possibly describe to you the emotions I felt yesterday watching him take the Oath of Office (btw, thanks a lot CJ Roberts. Note cards in 4 years, OK?). As a result, although it may be antithetical to the idea of a blog in general, and this blog specifically, I am not going to. Let's suffice it to say I am proud and, for the first time since I lost what I thought was a permanent job in February of last year, motivated to get myself going again. So, thank you President Obama, for giving me and the country some smelling salts, waking us out of our stupor, and calling us to be something more than we are now. We will obviously have much more to talk about in the coming days, weeks, months and years as this Administration unfolds, but for now, let's take one more breath to soak in what is on the horizon (enjoy Lost tonight!), and then move swiftly toward realizing our shared future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The purpose of this blog is to have an exchange of ideas, but please, keep it clean and respectful. That's the only way we can ever learn anything. Thanks.