Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lost - "Some Like it Hoth," Ctd

Sorry for the delay in getting my thoughts on the most recent episode of Lost, "Some Like it Hoth." As I explained below, I actually have some employment for a couple weeks, so it's been hard to get posts up. Anyway, I don't have that much to say about this episode. I really liked the episode, but it was just a "fun" episode, and not one that asked a lot of questions. It was the calm before the storm of the last four hours of the season (!). Anyway, here we go:

*As most people thought after seeing the season premiere, Miles is in fact Dr. Pierre Chang's son. Chang seemed to be a loving father, so the question is why did Miles' mother take Miles to Encino. Did Chang learn of the Purge and send them away, or does he become a bigger, as Hurley put it, "douche?"

*Interesting that Miles needs the body to present to communicate with the dead. So, how did he do it with the kid who had the money stashed in his bedroom? Maybe the body just needs to exist somewhere and not necessarily in Miles' presence. This would fit with why he couldn't communicate with the football player who had been cremated.

*Yes, the Ewoks do suck.

*I love the Hurley/Miles banter. It's really well written and the actors pull it off great. Jorge Garcia was on fire in this episode, delivering not only the jokes, but the heartfelt moments well. His goading father and son to chat over some Dharma beer was brilliant.

*Now we know where the 3.2 million dollars Miles requested of Ben in Season 4 came from. Widmore was paying him 1.6 million to capture Ben, so he asked for double to not follow through. I love when the show answers stuff like this.

*Bram. Hmmmmm......Seems like a meathead, albeit a hippie meathead. His telling Miles that he [Miles] will not be self-realized unless he helps Bram's group has put me in the camp of those who believe Ilana, Bram and Co. are from Dharma Initiative 2.0. They obviously don't work for Widmore, and Ben's interactions with Ilana didn't give me any reason to think they work for him. I think we'll be hearing "Namaste" again soon.

*I liked Jack covering for Kate, and then going to tell Sawyer what happened. And Sawyer seemed truly grateful. I want them to work together to help get everyone home, so hopefully this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

*Faraday! Finally! I have been harping on this for a while. He had quickly became one of my favorite characters, and I wanted to see more of him. Well, we finally got him back. Seems that Faraday was off working in Ann Arbor for Dharma HQ for the past three years. What was he doing there? Was he figuring out a way to get his friends back to the present? Can't wait to hear what he has to say in the next episode, "The Variable."

That was pretty much all I have for this episode. I am very psyched for this Wednesday because "The Variable" is supposed to be a counterpoint to probably the best non-Pilot episode of Lost, "The Constant." But, more on that in my preview on Tuesday.

Don't forget to read Erika and Doc's reviews of "Some Like it Hoth." Until Tuesday...

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The purpose of this blog is to have an exchange of ideas, but please, keep it clean and respectful. That's the only way we can ever learn anything. Thanks.